Wolf Creek Federal Services Janitor in FORT MEADE, Maryland
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Under the direction of the Campus Commons Manager, the Janitor Technician shall provide cleaning support to various facility buildings, sweeping, mopping or scrubbing and polishing floors; removing chips, trash and other refuse, dusting equipment, furniture, or fixtures; polishing metal fixtures or trimmings; providing supplies and minor maintenance services.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Sweep, mop and/or scrub, and polish floors.
- Remove chips, trash, and other refuse from buildings.
- Dust equipment, furniture, and/or fixtures to ensure surfaces are clean.
- Polish metal fixtures and/or trimmings.
- Provide supplies and minor maintenance services.
- Clean, service, and disinfect laboratory equipment.
- Unlock and lock doors to ensure the areas are secured.
- Steam-clean carpets.
- Use cleaning solutions approved by the Indoor air Quality (IAQ) OHESS Guideline 5 to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Apply wax coat to floors and buff.
- Apply sealant to floors.
- Move equipment and furniture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Adherence to all safety and health rules and regulations.
- Harmoniously working with other Wolf Creek employees and customers.
- Working with the Campus Commons Manager to outline work to be done, after which incumbent is expected to work independently.
- One (1) year experience in custodial, building maintenance or general labor.
- Knowledge of cleaning and waxing compounds, floor buffers and custodial equipment
- Considerable knowledge of proper safety techniques and procedures.
- Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions, make routine decisions independently, sustain long periods of light to moderately heavy physical activity and work harmoniously with others.
- Previous experience in a Federal Government facility.
- Ability to plan and organize work and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to pass pre-hire background and drug screen.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and team lift 75 pounds.
- Five (5) years of experience in custodial, building maintenance or general labor.
- Possess a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level clearance.
- Previous experience performing the duties of a janitor in a secured facility.
Primary Location: US-Maryland-FORT MEADE
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: MD0100912
Req ID: MD0100912