Oceaneering Machinist Trainee in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Machinist Trainee will receive on the job training from experienced Machinist to learn the Machinist trade.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow instructions of other machinists.
- Load – Unload parts in machines.
- Deburr and clean machined parts.
- Operate saw as required.
- Perform basic inspection measurements using tools provided by company.
- Display the ability to learn and advance.
- Able to work day and night shifts as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Reliable transportation
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must pass background and drug screening
- One to three years formal training (vocation or technical school).
- Ability to use basic machinist’s tools for machine setup and inspection.
- Familiar with Machine Shop Safety.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment
- Noise is over 85 decibels
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces,kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Machinist Trainee
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 12888
Full/Part Time: Full-Time