Freddie Mac Program Mgmt, Mgr in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 2
Full Time/Part Time:
The portfolio includes enterprise-wide, cross-functional, development and infrastructure projects.
The Program Management, Manager will establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate projects to the team. This position is a leader in the IT enterprise data solutions team that supports all Freddie Mac business lines. This is an opportunity to join a fast paced team that interacts will all areas of Freddie Mac’s business.
Strong leadership, quantitative, analytic, process, and project and program management skills are required.
• Drives the execution, planning, and management of a large portfolio of diverse projects.
• Interacts with program sponsors, stakeholders, and various project members to ensure that specified business needs are met; assists in the post-implementation analysis to ensure that requirements are fulfilled.
• Works with Enterprise IT Services Business Information Officers (BIO) to prioritize projects.
• Responsible for all staff functions including hiring, terminating, performance management, development and training; manages and directs the efforts of the team
• Develops communication plans and effectively communicates in both verbal (e.g. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (status reports, change requests) form.
• Expertise in technology project management, including the ability to coach and mentor team on best practices.
• Replaces old processes with newer ones where feasible, and provides recommendations to senior leadership for enterprise-level efficiencies and improvement opportunities.
• Represents the portfolio in various project governance and inter-department forums.
• Defines and tracks program milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan. Maintains program level dashboard.
• Accurately assesses, manages, and reports portfolio level risks and issues.
• Perform additional job-related duties as requested.
Work Location Zip Code:
• Typically has 8-10 years related experience and 2+ years management experience.
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited university with coursework in Business, Information Technology, or Engineering.
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Effective leader with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
• Thrives in an environment with changing priorities.
• Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
• Solid influencing skills.
• Sound business and technical acumen.
• Savvy with stakeholder management and setting/managing appropriate expectations.
• Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
• Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives.
• Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
• Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK.
• Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools.
• Able to navigate through a large corporate environment and ensure appropriate processes are met.
Work Location City:
Program Management, Manager.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Masters Degree or MBA from an accredited university with coursework in Business, Information Technology, or Engineering.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Information Technology (IT)