Cognosante QA/Quality Control Manager in McLean, Virginia
Travel: 50% (if not located in specified location)
The Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Manager will be part of a larger team that supports a multi-vendor healthcare information technology (IT) project for the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for monitoring, reviewing, approving - or recommending for approval - contractor deliverables in accordance with the approved project schedules and vendor contracts.
The QA/QC Manager will develop a comprehensive quality management solution that includes quality assurance of MMIS 2020 Platform processes and quality control solutions that build standards into MMIS 2020 Platform productsandenable the MMIS 2020 Platform to function as designed and meet the MMIS business needs.
The QA/QC Manager will collaborate with multiple contractors and the Cognosante team to identify risks and dependencies that may prevent successful implementation and will provide recommendations for corrective action.
Additional duties include:
- Use industry best practices and quality control principles to provide that the Department’s requirements are appropriately met, and the quality of the project and system integrations meet requirements
- Work in cooperation with contractors and the Cognosante team
- Review designated artifacts, create assessments that evaluate compliance with State and Federal regulations and requirements, identify gaps, and propose recommendations to the Department
- Coordinate client review and comment cycles for all vendor deliverables, including collaborating with the client on the identification and notification of deliverable reviewers
- Establish and communicate the deliverable review schedule across multiple projects to avoid over allocation of resources
- Create standard templates for contractors
- Monitor overall project schedule shifts and update the deliverable review schedule as appropriate
- Communicate with the established deliverable reviewers, including monthly reminders of upcoming deliverables
- Maintain a deliverable tracking log
- Manage deliverable distribution and comment collection in accordance with established Project Management Office (PMO) processes
- Support status reporting requirements and timelines
- Ensure the applicable PMO standards are used to complete project tasks
- Oversee quality on all PMO deliverable reviews
- Provide direction and guidance to process improvements
Employee is expected to undertake any additional duties as they are assigned by their Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in quality assurance and quality management
- Experience with continuous quality improvement programs, metrics development and implementation, documentation management, developing and implementing project quality standards and processes
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with an MMIS or healthcare system implementation project
- Experience applying QA/QM practices to large, complex system development, implementation and integration initiatives
- Experience managing project controls such as change controls, issues, risks, requirements, scope, or schedules
Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must be a team player and a consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic, flexible "can-do" attitude, and a results-driven commitment to success
- Capable of conducting meetings and making presentations
- Experience using SharePoint and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently and manage work to a defined schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving and customer service skills
Cognosante Consulting, LLC has been helping states implement and manage complex health and human services (HHS) programs for 27 years. Cognosante Consulting, LLC supports implementation and management of MMIS, Integrated Eligibility, Behavioral Health, Child Welfare and Women Infants and Children (WIC) systems. Our consultants understand the business of health and human services and support state and federal agencies to plan, design, develop, implement, operate and enhance their information systems to increase efficiency, effectiveness, accessibility and responsiveness and protect and promote the health, safety and well-being of the citizens they serve.
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
Cognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.