Cognosante Requirements Manager in McLean, Virginia
Travel: 50% (if not located in specified location)
Remote Work Option: No
The Requirements Manager will be part of a larger team that supports a multi-vendor healthcare information technology (IT) project for the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. The Requirements Manager will be responsible for management and oversight of the enterprise requirements for multiple components and integrated systems/modules.
He/She will be part of a team supporting the successful procurement, implementation, testing, certification, and operation of a modular enterprise Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS). The Requirements Manager will work with team members, vendors, and client users to ensure the traceability of requirements from project initiation through implementation and certification.
Additional duties include:
- Coordinate the gathering of requirements for all modules; Manage requirements gathering sessions and schedules
- Provide comprehensive requirements traceability, including the ability to track user stories and technical tasks from backlog through all levels of distributed testing using client approved tools
- Track all changes to the requirements, including changes made during JAD sessions and by the Change Management Board
- Oversee the modification of requirements through the Change Management Board
- Participate in testing of all requirements during UAT
- Work in cooperation with all modules contractors to document requirements
- Load and maintain all module requirements into the artifact library
- Assist the Cognosante team and contractors in CMS certification
- Participate in disaster recovery testing
- Collect and develop business requirements and complete business gap analyses for new initiatives or changes existing systems
- Schedule, conduct, and document requirements gathering and JAD sessions
- Communicate with the established deliverable reviewers, including monthly reminders of upcoming deliverables
- Develop and manage enterprise-level requirements backlog to ensure a fully integrated enterprise
- Review enterprise-level requirements with program stakeholders
- Review individual solution design documentation to ensure design is in alignment with enterprise requirements, and that the design accommodates adequate integration between components
- Manage risk relating to incorrect requirements, gaps, and lost requirements to ensure risks are resolved effectively
- Interface daily with the client and vendor(s)
- Lead, attend and contribute to project meetings with client and vendor(s)
- Develop client deliverables in accordance with project requirements and company documentation standards
- Provide recommendations to the client on critical business and project decisions
- Ensure that all project identified processes and methodologies are executed and followed as applicable
- Create and sustain a culture that encourages high performance of individuals and teams
Employee is expected to undertake any additional duties as they are assigned by their Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing requirements in a MMIS environment or other large-scale IT implementation
- Experience with metrics development and implementation, documentation management, and developing and implementing requirement standards and processes
- Experience maintaining a database of all system requirements
- Demonstrated experience with requirements development, maintenance, and traceability
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with establishing and maintaining strong project processes and procedures
- Leadership of implementation or development project, including impact on and interface with MMIS
- Experience in business analysis and working with technical teams
- Experience working on at least one MMIS implementation
- Experience working directly with clients and vendors
Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- Ability to assess potential problems and make sound judgments around issues that may have an adverse effect on the business
- Strong interpersonal skills to build client rapport and develop/discipline/reward employees
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and customer service skills
- A team player and a consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic, flexible “can-do” attitude, and a results-driven commitment to success
- Ability to work independently and manage work to a defined schedule
Cognosante’s Consulting Services has been helping states implement and manage the complex health and human services (HHS) programs for 27 years. CCS supports implementation and management of MMIS, Integrated Eligibility, Behavioral Health, Child Welfare and Women Infants and Children (WIC) systems. Our consultants understand the business of health and human services and support state and federal agencies to plan, design, develop, implement, operate and enhance their information systems to increase efficiency, effectiveness, accessibility and responsiveness and protect and promote the health, safety and well-being of the citizens they serve.
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
Cognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.